Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Does a Spoonful of Sugar Help the Medicine Go Down???


Well, the answer is no. No matter how many sodas I've had today, or how many dips into the kids Fruit Loops (Hey, I was feeling desperate!)...it has not helped the fact that I didn't get my call from Chatterbox. Apparently the album I thought was so meaningful, didn't mean much to them. It's kind of funny that I'm sitting here at 11:30 p.m. sulking that I didn't get the call, considering I wasn't even thinking about it until Jennifer called me around 11 a.m. to see how I was holding up. Ever since then, I've jumped when the phone rings. Now it is late. The phone is not ringing. And I am feeling like a loser. I promised I wouldn't. After all, I have a beautiful (in my opinion anyway) album for my son. That is what is most important. But still...

It is Spring Break here in Arkansas, but there is no sign of spring outside. It's cold, and threatening snow. That is probably a good thing, because my daughters have their science projects to work on this week, and I have a better shot at them staying in if it's cold. Of course, if it snows I've got troubles!

I taught my first class at the Community Center. It went really well, and the ladies seemed to enjoy themselves. We made this mini album.

The ladies around here are really sweet. I can't wait until they start hanging around my store so that I can get to know them. I have to admit, teaching tonight kinda kept my mind off of the contest for a couple of hours anyway, and even if Chatterbox doesn't like my work, somebody does.

I swore I wouldn't have a pity party...and here I am, babbling on about it all. I had better go to bed. Tomorrow is a new day, and a new chance to create the things that please me!

By the way, here's the altered clipboard we're doing next Tuesday at the Community Center... and yes, that's my beautiful family...oh wait, there it is! Yes, I guess a spoonful of sugar does help the medicine go down. I was just using the wrong kind of sugar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home